Tuesday, May 5, 2009

From Our President

Thanks for allowing me to be your President for two terms.
I am a charter member which means I have been with you for 35 years.
Back then I was new to Puyallup, and a new bride.
My wedding gown came on the plane with me from Clearwater, Florida in October 1972.
My first satellite in Puyallup was Eliza Jane Stitchers. I cherish fond memories of each person who attended that group.
About five years ago, I participated in a neighborhood “kids” reunion. I was raised in Boise Idaho. My “first love” asked me if I still did handwork.
My neighbor lady taught me to crochet in the fourth grade. In those days, the stores used string to tie packages. So I used store string to learn how to crochet.
I wrote to that “first love” Christmas 2008, and said, “I find it hard to believe I used to chase you around as a kid, and now you are collecting Social Security, me too”.
I did not work out of the home until my son was a senior in high school. I worked in my church office as secretary to the Pastor. The term now is Administrative Assistant. For a long time I felt it was the best job anyone could have.
My first grandchild arrived and I quit my job so I could be available for my daughter. I went to my first clown convention that year. So the space that used to be my stitchery studio is shared with clown magic and balloons, etc.
I have asked the charter members to write a short paragraph over these last two years; some have and some haven’t yet. Not an easy task, I suppose. I count it a pleasure getting to know all the ladies who have been associated with Needle Arts Guild, except for one maybe. I have learned so much and continue to experience new stitchery friends and techniques. I trust you feel the same way.
I am most pleased to have Sharon Clowers come on board as your next President. Give her your
support and say yes when she asks you to do a task for the good of the Guild.


Very Sincerely,
With Grinz and Giggles,
Pennie Smith ~<:O)

No comments: